Thursday 14 May 2015

The Park Terrace

When I first arrived in Bangkok, the hotel my boyfriend and I stayed at was very conveniently situated on a road full of nightlife, markets and massage parlours (some PG13 and some not so much). Each night would be this fun adventure as to where we should go for dinner and drinks, and in the week that we stayed there we found ourselves going back to the same place on the main road- The Park Terrace.




Open from 6pm to 2am, this low-key street pub literally pops out of nowhere each evening. We stumbled upon it on the way to the night market, and the mellow sounds of a live band pulled me right in. Finding a table possibly too close to the stage and then ordering a Singha beer tower, we were settled in for the evening. The whole atmosphere is exactly what I look for in a venue to enjoy a drink and relax. There are bar stools and high tables, as well as sofa's and reclining chairs, with an old school bar counter bearing all it has to offer. The staff are friendly and the lanterns in the tree just finish everything off.


In Bangkok you find a mix of thai music and international music, which just reminds me how western culture and thai culture can combine in so many ways. When I heard the band on stage (I wish I knew their specific group name) sing the acoustic no frills version of "A thousand years" by Christina Perri, you must know that I had that song in my head for the next two days! Even though we live in a different part of Bangkok now, much discussion has taken place as to when we will be going back to The Park Terrace. Such a cool vibe and a great way to end a busy day at work.



*The Huay Khwang night market starts from 7pm onwards so don't go too early or they will still be setting up

Get off at MRT: Huay Khwang

No comments :

Post a Comment