Monday 22 September 2014

Hilton Arts Fest- Colombo Coffee

Amongst all the food and drink stalls at the Hilton Arts Fest this year, Colombo Coffee was by far the most enticing to me. Since I spent the entire weekend there working at the beer tent, there was a great need for a caffeine boost every now and then. No need to guess where I went for my fix each time!





While living in Durban I used to frequent The Factory Cafe in lower Glenwood with all my friends, which is actually situated inside the Colombo Coffee roastery. That nostalgia for a quality cappuccino came right back as soon as I saw the classic black and white logo. It was also conveniently located opposite the beer tent so I didn't even have to walk too far in the frosty Hilton wind.

After my fourth or fifth trip to the Colombo Coffee stand I decided to start up a conversation with the friendly barristers working there. They were literally coffee making experts, who had done extensive training and won awards. I am not too good with the technical barrister lingo, but what I can say is that they know about coffee. One of the guys, Rowan Mallon, explained the company to me in more detail while I was waiting. Little did I know how many stores and different types of coffee they actually had!

The final product says it all: creamy, rich, authentic. The smell of the coffee beans themselves are enough to send even non-coffee drinkers into a frenzy! Before the end of the day my colleagues were asking if I could pick up a few cappuccinos and americano's for them too. The intricate designs on the foam added to the excitement. The obsession had inadvertently been spread by me and I was not sorry.



To top it all off I was offered a free coffee on my way out for the journey home. It's not very often you find service THAT good.

Follow this link to have a browse on their website, learn more about their exclusive product and utilise the store locater:  http://www.colombo.co.za/ x

No comments :

Post a Comment